Scribble Data is an MLOps product company, which provides foundational blocks on which enterprises build their ML models and analysis. Our customers trust us with their data, and with Scribble, have managed to significantly reduce friction in the consumption of data. We work smart, invest in tools and tech that are on the cutting edge of data science, and package all that we’ve learnt about efficiency and data mileage into our products.
Our modular feature store, Enrich, comprises a number of pre-built feature engineering apps to help data teams cut time-to-market for each data science use case including unified metrics, customer behavioral modeling, ML model building, and recommendations.
Enrich streamlines the data prep process with versioned pipelines, delivering continuously updated data through intuitive interfaces and surfacing context around datasets via extensive metadata and lineage tracking.
About the role
We are looking for a stellar Head of Engineering. You will be hands-on building, delivering, and selling Enrich, our feature store, with emphasis on building a scalable, robust, and secure platform.
- You will work with the Scribble Data core team to shape the product journey.
- You will be focused on extending functionality for Enrich, with high attention-to-detail.
- You will be responsible for ensuring trust, robustness, performance, and ease of use of the platform, and growing and leading a team of high-performing ML engineers to achieve this objective.
- You'll need to manage people and vendors.
- You might even need to travel, look squarely into the eyes of many customers and sell. You'll need to grudgingly accept feedback from market forces and prep for pivots.
- You will represent Scribble Data at public forums, build an engineering brand to attract the best of the talent, and contribute to shaping the public conversation around feature stores and related topics.
- Proven record of building and managing teams of 5+ data engineers, remote or otherwise
- 10+ years of industry experience owning and building data infrastructure including packaging, deploying, and monitoring data systems
- Strong system-level thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to make architecture decisions as well as deep dive on code at the line level
- Fluency in Python and SQL, with experience in another language like Java
- Proficiency in designing, implementing and automating systems for data workflow management
- Experience designing robust, scalable data architectures
- Proficiency in developing and publishing APIs using web services
- Proficiency in using distributed storage (e.g. S3), serverless architecture (e.g. Lambda), streaming data (e.g. Kafka), scalable search (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Proficiency with containerization (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes), and other deployment tooling
- Proficiency with big data technologies like map-reduce, NoSQL, Spark, HBase, Hive
- Experience with data security protocols, data access controls, AWS/GCP/Azure security mechanisms at the data and access levels, database security, scripting attacks, API security
- Having built and shipped a product at a startup will be a plus
- A record of published patents and/or technical publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals will be an added bonus
- Masters degree or higher in Computer Science
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds
Does this sound like you?
- You like adventure and have a stomach for learning and unlearning every day
- You are excited by powering up a whole generation of upcoming data applications
- You dream big and believe that hard problems need streamlined systems and massive amounts of data to tackle effectively
- You embrace uncertainty and can develop processes and systems to handle rapidly evolving requirements
- You have the discipline to take audacious goals and break down years-long roadmaps into near term deliverables that provide value to business stakeholders
- You enjoy educating your customers and team members about what it means to be data-oriented and cultivating engineering best practices
- You are comfortable selling to customers (not a biggie)
- You have a sense of humour
GET EXCITED. Because you're about to make a huge impact.
Scribble Data is growing rapidly, and hiring for remote positions across the globe to service its customers across four continents (and counting). We think of this phase of hiring as extending Scribble's core team, so if you want to get in on the ground floor, now would be a good time to look our way.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work from home or your preferred location
- A work culture that helps you innovate and evolve continuously, and the freedom to work in the hours you feel the most productive
- A chance to shape the future of data and MLOps
Work Experience(in years)10 - 20 Years