About Scribble Data
Scribble Data is an MLOps product company, which provides foundational blocks on which enterprises build their ML models and analysis. Our customers trust us with their data, and with Scribble, have managed to significantly reduce friction in the consumption of data. We work smart, invest in tools and tech that are on the cutting edge of data science, and package all that we’ve learnt about efficiency and data mileage into our products.
Our modular feature store, Enrich, comprises a number of pre-built feature engineering apps to help data teams cut time-to-market for each data science use case including unified metrics, customer behavioral modeling, ML model building, and recommendations.
Enrich streamlines the data prep process with versioned pipelines, delivering continuously updated data through intuitive interfaces and surfacing context around datasets via extensive metadata and lineage tracking.
About the role
We are searching for a strong software engineer with a data engineering bent of mind to work on our flagship feature store product, Enrich. You will work on extending functionality for Enrich as well as delivering working systems atop Enrich for Scribble’s customers with high attention-to-detail ensuring trust, robustness, performance, and ease of use. Here are all the details you’ll need, to see if we can work together:
- You will develop high-performance data processing systems for dealing with internet-scale data.
- You will develop and deploy robust, distributed, scalable, real-time, data processing infrastructure that can support various downstream applications including reporting, analytics, user intelligence, machine learning, and decision support.
- You have strong software engineering skills, system-level thinking and problem-solving ability paired with the love to build and ship robust code.
- You accept nothing less than top-quality code and think in terms of code reviews, unit, integration, end to end tests in a fast-moving development environment, delivering incremental value daily.
- 5+ years industry experience; plus points if any of those were spent building data infrastructure
- Fluent in Python; you know the language and its quirks, not having just written scripts
- Strong command of SQL
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts (OOD, algorithm design, data structures, execution and memory optimization)
- Experience developing and publishing APIs using web services
- Plus points for experience implementing systems for data workflow management
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science
Nice to Have
- Experience using at least some among distributed storage (e.g. S3), serverless architecture (e.g. Lambda), streaming data (e.g. Kafka), scalable search (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Experience with big data technologies like map-reduce, NoSQL, Spark, HBase, Hive
- Experience with data security protocols and data access controls
Does this sound like you?
- You like adventure and have a stomach for learning and unlearning every day
- You are excited by powering up a whole generation of upcoming data applications
- You dream big and believe that hard problems need streamlined systems and massive amounts of data to tackle effectively
- You embrace uncertainty and can develop processes and systems to handle rapidly evolving requirements
- You have a sense of humour
GET EXCITED. Because you're about to make a huge impact.
Scribble Data is growing rapidly, and hiring for remote positions across the globe to service its customers across four continents (and counting). We think of this phase of hiring as extending Scribble's core team, so if you want to get in on the ground floor, now would be a good time to look our way.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work from home or your preferred location
- A work culture that helps you innovate and evolve continuously, and the freedom to work in the hours you feel the most productive
- A chance to shape the future of data and MLOps
Industry TypeIT-Software / Software Services
Work Experience(in years)4 - 10 Years